Sunday, December 11, 2011

The New Me

I realized that my love and passion for writing is yearning to be satisfied almost as equally as my call to teach.... Could it be that they are one in the same? Yes! As I look for the reading materials to give my newborn daughter, ones that elevate and teach her purpose, I am hit with the reality that there are none.  None to speak to her African roots, none to speak to her father's rise to a middle class lifestyle as an African-American male, none to reinforce her faith in something other than fairy tales.

The things I want her to see, I must create.
The New Me is satisfied in my role of teacher, writer, creator, inventor.
Look out world, I've had my aha moment!


African Pride, standing on Maya's shoulders
Writings Inspired by life growth
©2011- Broken Wings Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment